It’s exciting to see the momentum that is building around this grassroots church multiplication initiative involving large church pastors (LCP) and regional/state pastors (RP). We have about 30 LCPs and RPs who have either committed to give resources to the initiative or are considering doing so. Below are answers to some of the questions that you may have about the initiative.
- Is this an initiative of the Church of God Ministries? Answer: NO. They are aware of it, but they are not leading it. This is a grassroots effort of LCP’s and RP’s who are collaborating together to advance the Kingdom. This is very much a reflection of our “movemental” DNA.
- Is this an initiative that is being formally sponsored by the RP Church Multiplication Task Force or the Large Church Pastor’s Roundtable? Answer: NO. Again, they are both aware of it and generally positive about it, but this is a completely voluntary movement. It consists of LCPs and RPs who want to be included in the effort. No larger group “voted” to support it. It’s just a grassroots effort involving those who want to participate.
- Does this replace any of the church multiplication efforts that are happening at the state/district/local church levels? Answer: NO. In fact, just the opposite. It is an effort designed to catalyze what is already happening in our movement at the state/district/local church levels. We want to increase our capacity to throw fuel on the fire of multiplication efforts of states/districts/local churches.
- What does it mean to be ALL IN? Answer: Initially, it is being willing to write a check. We are forming a Kingdom Venture Capital Fund to help catalyze where God is already at work at the local level to multiply the church. We have so many places where exciting things are happening but where they need some help to turn their church multiplication dreams into a reality.
- Who will determine which church multiplication efforts receive financial support from the Kingdom Venture Capital Fund? Answer: A blue ribbon Steering Committee has been put together to manage the fund. They will establish criteria and discern the most strategic and potentially successful places to invest. The Steering Committee will have its first meeting April 4-5, 2017. They will grapple with criteria issues, where to park the money, if a separate 501(c) 3 needs to be established, etc.
- Will those who invest in the fund be guaranteed that those funds will eventually be used to help fund their state/district/local church efforts? Answer: NO. Those who invest should give the money unconditionally. This is not about giving in the hopes of getting the money back in some way. This is about giving in order to advance the kingdom in and through the CHOG, wherever that may be.
- Will all of the funds be used for church multiplication? Answer: YES. Since everyone involved is volunteering their time and covering their own expenses, there will be no overhead. All of the funds raised will be able to go directly to church multiplication.
- Will the Steering Committee oversee the actual church multiplication efforts that are taking place at the local level? Answer: NO. The Steering Committee will be looking for healthy multiplication opportunities that meet the established guidelines and then let the directing cluster (states working together, churches working together, states and churches working together, etc) actually oversee the church multiplication effort. We are not trying to create a poor man’s version of church multiplication organizations that already exist. We want the local clusters to actually partner with organizations like that in order to raise the odds of success.
- Will all of the church multiplication efforts look the same? Answer: NO. This is not a one-size-fits-all approach to church multiplication. It will involve church plants, church campuses and church reclamations. And the strategy will be determined by what has proven to be successful in the local area where the multiplication effort is actually taking place. 10. Is participation limited to LCPs and RPs? Answer: NO. Any church or individual can invest in this church-multiplying, kingdom-advancing, hell-thwarting effort. We’ve already begun having pastors of churches who are not in the large church category contact us about the effort and indicate an interest in being involved!